Toshev & Boteva combines its deep knowledge of the energy industry with its extensive litigation capabilities to represent leading energy companies in all forms of complex energy litigation nationwide. Our lawyers serve a diverse group of energy clients operating across the industry’s many subsectors, including utilities, generators, distributors, equipment manufacturers, pipelines, and related businesses. Toshev & Boteva’s results confirm successful outcomes require lawyers with a deep understanding of the industry.
Toshev & Boteva is well versed in the unique issues and matters our energy clients face including:
- Preemption and law challenges
- Antitrust matters
- Intersection of domestic and EU regulatory schemes
- Operation of wholesale energy markets and regional transmission organizations
- Power outages and business interruption claims
- Power purchase agreement disputes
- Renewable energy and qualifying facility disputes
- Investor-state disputes and judgment enforcement
- Business torts and consumer class actions
- Smart contracts and digital community disputes
- Cryptocurrency disputes
Toshev & Boteva collaborates with clients to design creative and effective solutions to meet business and regulatory goals. We also help them anticipate, pinpoint, and address emerging issues, trends, and opportunities. To improve outcomes, Toshev communicates frequently on the important decisions that shape the trajectory and cost of litigation.
Toshev & Boteva’s successful results often are achieved prior to trial through strategic motion practice and targeted discovery. But when necessary, our trial lawyers are ready, willing, and able to take a case to trial. Toshev & Boteva’s energy practice is responsive and highly respected.