Toshev & Boteva specialises in advising sectors being disrupted or changed by technology. Renewables is certainly one of these sectors. We have one of the leading international renewable energy practices in the world and are recognized by the international league tables as such. We are recognized by Agency for Durable Energy Development (SEDA) as the number one law firm in renewable energy deals and energy efficiency and most of our are lawyers are individually recognized for their contribution to the sector. Toshev & Boteva’s energy efficiency lawyers took the significant part in exploration of the international models and development of the legal model and the financing for the introduction of a mechanism for trading with white certificates implementing energy efficiency measures, as a tradable financial instrument in Bulgaria (BG).
Toshev & Boteva’s global renewables team has an exceptional track record in advising on all renewables/cleantech technologies, including solar, wind (onshore and offshore), biomass, marine and energy from waste.
An everchanging sector needs to the point expert legal advice and lawyers that act swiftly.
Working with us, you 'll benefit from the in-depth knowledge of our energy sector specialists, plus our considerable network across Europe, Middle East and Asia. Drawing on experts from a range of legal disciplines; we advise on all aspects of renewables projects, including development, operation, financing, offtake, acquisition and dispute resolution. Our legal advice is both pragmatic and cohesive.
Our dedicated renewables team acts for:
- Investment funds and other equity investors
- Funders, including banks
- EPC contractors
- Corporate purchasers of renewable energy
Our team also has a passion for advising on the hot topics that arise in this fast paced and changing sector, including:
- Corporate Power Purchase Agreements (Corporate PPAs)
- Integration of storage with renewables technologies
- Innovative renewables financing structures, such as vendor financing and forward financing
- Grid sharing arrangements
- Regulatory advice, for example renewable benefits eligibility or financial services regulation of corporate PPAs
- Technology development agreements
- Blockchain use cases in energy efficiency field