The expansion of e-commerce has brought with it a growing assortment of regulations and compliance requirements. Through the emergence of Big Data and the widespread collection of personal data through smartphone apps, privacy issues are coming under increasing scrutiny.
Toshev & Boteva’s legal team helps a wide range of clients navigate the risks and the compliance and commercial issues associated with their online presence so that they can concentrate on the success of their businesses.
We work with B2C as well as B2B companies, preparing legal documentation such as terms of sale, terms of website and app use, privacy and cookies policies, website development and hosting and other supplier contracts. We advise on:
- data protection/privacy law
- consumer protection rules
- public information requirements
- direct marketing
- financial services and consumer credit rules
- sale of digital goods
Toshev & Boteva have advised on commercial terms and issues relating to:
- compliance with data protection law changes
- website development, maintenance and hosting services, and payment processing services
- competitions and promotions for established electricity companies
- online publishing
- large-scale transfers of customer personal data between different jurisdictions
- tracking devices